Amber’s traffic engineers and transportation planners work on a wide variety of subdivision projects. We work on smaller subdivisions that seek to establish a number of residential dwellings on a larger lot up to projects that establish entire new suburbs with town centres and employment districts. We prepare Traffic Assessment reports for these projects that seek to change the land use zoning or establish a neighbourhood plan. We also prepare Traffic Impact Assessment reports which provide a review of traffic and parking matters for Development Applications.
Our work on this wide variety of projects requires us to use a range of skills which can include:
- Commissioning traffic and parking surveys within the surrounding area to establish the existing road enviornment.
- Calculating the potential traffic generating potential of the proposed land uses.
- Assessment of the impacts generated by the additional vehicle movements on the road network. Our expert team typically uses SIDRA to prepare traffic models as part of this process.
- Provide a review of the access arrangements for the site by determining turn treatment warrants against the requirements of the Austroads Guide and preparation of concept plans / functional layout plans supported by swept path diagrams.
- Provide a review of the road layout to confirm it provides a well connected network.
- Assess the design of the individual road cross-sections to confirm they provide suitable vehicle movement for the relevant road classification.
- Determine the required alternative transport facilities (public transport, walking and cycling) to ensure they link with the wider network and to facilitate a reducing in private vehicle use.
- Determine the required number of car parking spaces for the various uses.
- Review waste collection facilities and procedures.
As part of our assessment we liaise with the relevant road controlling authorities to ensure we gain in-principle support for the designs and our assessment approach. This ensures we are considering any other developments and road upgrades in the area so the proposed facilities link with the wider network, and ensures a smoother application process. Check out our project examples below and get in touch with us for your next subdivision project.
Parking & Design
Traffic Management Plans
Amber Organisation acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past and present.